Cetak Rompak

Monday 4th August 2008

I am feeling so super-malas to blog nowadays.

Blogging, having already lost its sheen circa 2005, completely lost its lustre recently.

I just found out some girl from across the Causeway used my pictures to pass off as hers as she lifted bits off my blog entries to insert in-between her own lines. If that's not skankworthy enough, she passed off my Phatt Bastard as her cat and had the sheer audacity to rename him Phatt Darling when she introduced him. Phatt Darling...Phatt Darling....Phatt Darling?! Sounds more like a pair of frilly pink panties than a furry fat cat. 

Bottom line is: Phatt's my cat. And those are my pictures. And my words.

She just plain ol' stole from me. Steal my words? Gun to the temple. My pictures? Finger the trigger. My cat? Brains all over the place. As I clicked through her blog in horror, I could only sit and stare as my life (face, job, apartment, galpals et al) unfolded in someone else's world with someone else's name.

No, this is not the first time my stuff 's been passed off as someone else's but the ones I found out about before this were not so bad. This new one was pretty much wholesale and as much as it still stumps me to hell's end why anyone would bother copping my half-baked pictures and half-wit words for any reason at all, I'm quite upset about this and yes, quite quite quite freaked.

But as cowardice and coincidental timing would have it, she closed her blog the very day after I found out about it, which, by the way, was via an anonymous message on my multiply...another mystery I've yet to solve. So before I could get over my shock and do anything about her, she disappears and leaves no trace. Stalemate.

I guess I could take the matter further and contact the relevant authorities to track down this PseudoRaihan. Like contact Blogger. Track her blog profile to track her down. Then contact the  police. Then contact lawyers. Then yell all over the place I've got feds and lawyers breathing down her neck so she better look out and fess up. Like I heard some people have done in the past for sillier and more trivial (or rather, non-existent) reasons. Then? After all that hassle?

Sit quietly and stroke my ego, which has swelled tremendously since I got the offending blog pirate out by the collar by simply pushing the right buttons? Yell all over the place somemore about how tough I am (with police and lawyers and everything!!) when dealing with blogging shit like this and how no one can mess with me? Sit my fat ass firmly on her face, smirk and not budge while she apologizes till kingdom come for using my face?

However hearts and rainbows all that may sound to some, it doesn't appeal to me enough so I guess at this point, I'm just going to let it go. I have neither time nor money to waste so PseudoRaihan's off the hook. And hopefully off the blog for good. At least, off the blog with my face as hers, that is.

Some damage has been done though. PseudoRaihan's sent virtual shivers down my online spine and I'm sufficiently freaked out enough to not blog. Or at least to not blog so openly like this and put a password on my site, limit my Friendster and Facebook profile access and narrow down my Multiply content viewers. Yes, she stole content from all these places. But I'm so malas to do all these things. I very rarely regulate the content on any of my sites and profiles. I guess the main reasons are that I'm not shy about the stuff I put up (although I do regret some of the shit I've posted!) and I'm not some hotshot celebrity whose pictures are prime real estate that only a select few can view. Yes, in short, I'm a shameless nobody so why should I put a lid on my cookie jar?

I don't know. And I don't think I'm so sure of how I'm feeling about blogging now but I've six whole days in India coming up to ponder and if I blog when I'm back, means I'm over it. Freakout over. Back on track.

See how, see how. But while I'm gone, stop piracy now, can?

Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheap thrill ar babe. tsk tsk.

TwinkZ said...

holy smokes!

now that is SO NOT funny! i can't imagine someone with no imagination that she had to steal from others.

I don't blame you if you don't wanna blog anymore but we all know that's gonna be a complete waste of your literary talent kan rai?!

so don't give in hor!