Mardiana Mansor Marries

Tuesday 27th May 2008

Okay, so my Mardee's getting hitched this weekend.

Which Mardee? I only have one.

This Mardee.



The one on top, in the framed photobooth picture you see here. Taken in an instant photobooth somewhere in Jurong West, near the market at Izrina's childhood home, circa 1996. We were hanging out at Izrina's house, playing Abang Im's Rayman video game and were suddenly sent on an errand to buy bawang for Cik Alus, Izrina's mom. On a whim, smelling like bawang and everything, we popped into a booth we stumbled upon, split the money and posed. Madness. If you still can't figure it out, the bottom left one is Izrina, the one on top is Mardee and the one on the right is me, Raihan. I'm not sorry that this picture is blur, it was taken on my camera phone. Yes, Esah, I also don't trust camera phones tapi aku malas! :p I don't mind it being blur like that because..err....we were then a trio of smelly, bawang kids with short, cropped hair (another whim!) who are now verified glamourpusses (cheeyy...!) and one of us will be becoming lagi glamour this weekend so let's not break the momentum.

And her version of wedding glamour? You'd be surprised. Only Mardee would do this:



Wolverine and Shadowcat. Arip and Mardee. X-Men. On location in Kuala Lumpur.

*sigh*

Only our Mardee.

Oh Mardiana Mansor, I miss you and your mad ideas and I can't wait to see you come Saturday! If you naik pelamin in the X-Men costumes, I'll be your slave forever! And rumour has it, I serve coffee and tea quite well, so how?! Think about it, pengantin

Speaking of pengantin, with regards to my last post, her nikah's at 10am, I will touch down from Manchester at 7am on the day itself. I will be signing out at Changi Airport and she'll be signing "it" at Kang Ching Road, all the way in Jurong.

Will I make it? With all my might, I will. InsyaAllah. Even if it means turning up and shocking the Tok Kadi and all the guests in my BlueKebaya. As Izrina rationalized, at least it will still be in line with the dress code, right?

Errr...right, Mardee?!

*rubs hands in glee*

Mardee nak kahwin, y'all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oei...1st ****TOUCHED*** sob sob...
2nd; No lah...please don't rush...you will be v tired..take your time..we can video conference hahahah...-Mardee (wit pimple in eye)

Anonymous said...

trust ariff to do something like this.....hehehehe...once a JJcian, always a JJcian :p

eh, simei st 1? we're neighbours!!! hahahahahah

Anonymous said...

hi prettyhead u look exactly like this celebrity http://sazzyfalak.blogspot.com/

=)