Wednesday 7th November 2007
This just in.
(Yeah, popped right into my head a few minutes ago.)
And this is going to bore you because it's (yes,yes) about my freaky reno shit again. I promise, I'll administer self-restraint on my next post but this post, I'll be reno ranting ad nauseum. If that's not achieved already.
Okay, maybe we were wrong about them "interior designers". Maybe the ones we found were the wrong ones, the bad apples in the current craze of an apple crate that is the local interior design industry. Maybe we expected too much, too soon. Maybe we should give this ID thing another try. I mean, there are other companies we have yet to consult. Small names, big names, famous ones, infamous ones.
Actually, we're trying to stay away from the big and famous names because we, as essentially human as we are, associate big names to big bills and we don't have a big budget to pay for a big bill. And with the two quotations we received from the two relatively big players of the interior design field that I mentioned previously, it's not hard to imagine how we came up with the big name=big bill correlation. Oh and I forgot to mention, two other biggies we consulted didn't even bother to submit their quotations to us, as they promised. They just......kept quiet. No calls, no e-mails. Like we didn't even meet! Simply buat bodoh.. Like a silent break-up gone bad. Heh. Maybe our project is too cheap for them to undertake. Or our budget is just ridiculous, too ridiculous to be a patron of their expertise. Or maybe they just don't like us. Especially me and this foot I always have in my mouth. I remember only too well how I blatantly commented on the ugliness of one of their showroom cabinets. I recall thinking that it totally lacked character and it was simply "modern design overkill" and I know I thought that bit out loud. Forgive me, I lack excellent timing and tact.
Anyway, we only set aside a teeny-tiny amount for our reno plans, just enough to give us what we want and to rid us of what we don't want from our first home. Take this wall and give us that space. Take this room and give us that closet. Take this door and give us no bathroom privacy (because we're all exhibitionists at heart). Take this. Give that. Take that. Give this. Give free, lagi better. Wishful thinking doesn't hurt.
But why am I having second thoughts about this interior designer thing? Because I have second thoughts all the time. When worse comes to worst, I have third, fourth, hundredth thoughts about everything. And I married someone equally as indecisive. It either takes a long time (like a thousand years) or a strong factor (like money!!) to make us come to a rock-solid conclusion. (But when it came to deciding on each other, immediately green light, all systems go! Coz gatal already waaat!).
So maybe we'll reconsider, maybe we'll take a second look now that we have second thoughts, maybe we'll jump onto the "designer home" bandwagon. So maybe we'll pay those big names a visit. Like that big papa C*** everyone seems to have a lovehate relationship with. No, we have not gone to them yet. Like I said, we don't have a big budget for such a big name. But maybe we'd be proven wrong this time. Maybe we'd be right again. Maybe we might just give up and not renovate (and pigs can fly!). Heh. We'll see.
And from this point, with this post, I promise, I'll stop reno-ranting. No more whining about ah-pek toenail fungus, tempered glass, laminated wood, kitchen cabinets, bathtubs and interior designers. Especially about interior designers. Period.
Believe me, I'm doing this more for myself than for anyone else. If I don't stop now, I might just develop fungus under all my toenails and start scratching my imaginary balls when I'm talking to you about homogenous tiles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
oi! ur headache about de reno.. gv me a call. my reno contractor gd lah.
p.s. jus helping u out... not getting any commision fr him k.
hehehe
Post a Comment