Quickie.
- Shuk's out. Out like three days after he got admitted. Miraculously, he didn't need surgery. Just bed-rest at home and a month-long MC, complemented with daily dosages of pills and capsules and a temporary walk style and speed that could rival geriatrics. Speaking of which, Shuk is walking proof (pun intended!) that one has to "be careful of what one wishes for". See, every time he's due to book in, Shuk would gripe and grumble about this whole NS obligation, threaten (no one in particular coz The Blue Powers That Be cannot possibly hear him) to "fall sick" and take MC and when the push comes to shove, he'll actually bike his way to the nearest 24-hour clinic and give the doctor there an Oscar-winning performance of Act 1, Sc 1 "Tummy-Ache" or Act 2, Sc 1 "Eye Pain". His luck would always be naught as the doctor wasn't very keen on thespians so Shuk would be pumped with some meds and sent on his way......back to camp. No MC. No long weekend. No extra hooray-hooray time. But now, he's got a month-long one. More than he could ever wish for. And he didn't even have to fake the pain.
- We're back. Got back like yesterday via the first SQ flight out from Bali in the afternoon. Let me digress a little.... SQ's Japanese stewardesses are so pretty! Had a couple of them on both our flights in and out of Bali and I couldn't help but switch the lesbian-tendency mode on a bit! Okay...back to being back from Bali. Tanned but fattened. Tired but exhilarated. Already missing everything and everyone that has got to do with Bali. The only reasons that brought us back to Singapore were Phatt, Azim's theory classes and practical lessons, our half-baked house and our half-done "project". Love love LOVE Bali. Love the food (authentic Nasi Padang just rocks and why oh why did they close down A&W here in Singapore?!). Love the culture (now I understand why so many people are SO into Balinese themes for their homes...even if they do not have the slightest idea on how to do it without risking overkill!). Love love LOVE the beach (and the constant eye-candy of golden tanned boobs and bods on display...woohoo!). Love love LOVE the waves (wanted to learn the skills of surfing but instead, I refined the skills of shopping). Love the shopping (see previous brackets BUT it could have been better as I expected CHEAPER Roxy, Quiksilver and Billabong stuff...Dubai and New York shopping still RULES!). Love. It. All. Pictures will be up when I'm up for all that uploading.
-I'm grateful. For so many things. For the goodness of all your thoughts, prayers and messages, wishing Shuk well and all...thanks. For all the good advice and words of encouragement via this blog, on the email or on my MSN, about my whole renovation dilemma....many many thanks. Much thanks as well, to Elfa but girl, if you're reading this, I just lost all the contacts on my phone (don't ask....just take it that I'm an occasional blonde!) so I LOST your number so kindly text me back yours AND your contractor's digits, please? And to a certain Ms Ang, a very very big THANK you for the VERY VERY helpful e-mail you sent..I am heartened you actually bothered to educate me, a complete stranger, with such excellent information just because you chanced upon and read my blog! I'm seeing many things with a different light ever since I read what you gave. :) And to Shireen and Malik, the good friends we went to Bali with and their adorable and beautiful kids, Babang, Iva Mendes and Ili Willi.....I'm (well, Azim and I both are!) infinitely grateful to be blessed with you lot. Thanks for being patient with this eternally "jet-lagged" couple, thanks for coming with us to Bali, thanks for letting my sister bunk in with you in your suite (because she CANNOT sleep alone in her own room, for reasons I cannot fathom and she CANNOT bunk in with Azim and I in OUR room, for obvious reasons!) and thanks for all the laughter, fun and doughnuts. And the biggest thanks of all, of course, to my darling husband. For everything. Everything, everything, EVERYTHING. I love you. Okay....I know this sounds like a mozarella-standard cheesy
Quickie? Not so much. But quickie over. Will be back with a better post in due time. Now, I have to wait for Phatt to return from his pet hotel, for Zihan (the braided-hair-in-Bali girl!!) to come over with food and for the Bali sand in my shoes to sift.


3 comments:
ooohh....bali trip...i want to go there and enjoy the wind..takper2...insyallah, in the future..glad that u did enjoy ur trip there..take care kak..mwahh...:)
Gurl I loved bali too. Gawd, how I wish I am there oogling at hot bods and the shopping. Welcome back and tell your bro, get well soon! Enjoy the MC while it lasts.
Pssst, when your little "project" will be completed. Tak sabar nie nak sample.
weiii faster upload pics can? :pp
Post a Comment