Okay, so today's the much anticipated seventh of the seventh of the seventh.
The very special day this year everyone wanted and waited for to do special things in their lives. Like get married, get engaged, get moving, get going....you get my drift. Significant, special and symbolic, the repetitive numbers would hopefully attract all the good and repel the bad, balance out the yings with the yangs and dodge the dodgy...forever after. Yes, I know, we're all superstitious and sentimental like that. But in the spirit of hoping for only the best, I'm all for special numbers and special days. InsyaAllah, it'll bring only blessings to anyone who dares to hope.
Amin.
For the people I know personally, I thought today's run of special events was supposed to range from one couple's engagement to another couple's solemnization ceremony but when 07.07.07 came forth, that one couple's engagement was postponed due to work commitments (but the couple are still happily in love with each other, if anyone was
But 07.07.07 was still important to me for I did other very important things today instead. No fancy stuff, no grand weddings with much fanfare, no parties or parades. But I did things for me that I've been wanting and waiting to do for a long time. Spiritual cleansing and personal enlightenment included. Oh and visiting my smelly and visibly jet-lagged Phatt Bastard in the Sembawang Animal Quarantine Center. All very very special, hokay!?
So I didn't really miss anything else, actually! See, my friend's postponed engagement will be held at a later date, a date possibly easier and more significant to them. A date I won't miss, I hope.
And tomorrow, even though we missed the solemnization ceremony, we'll be at someplace called Fairy Point Chalet at Andover Road to attend my Uncle Joe's wedding reception for his son, who got halal-fied to his bride yesterday. Despite the threat of engorging myself with yummy wedding fare looming precariously on my conscience and on my scales. Despite the threat of my oily face increasingly greased with sweat in the hot afternoon sun, after running after some random relative's little kid, as we all do at weddings. Despite the fact that I hardly know the pengantins, only knowing the parents of the groom because Uncle Joe is my mother's first cousin. Which makes it obvious that Azim and I will only probably be chilling with my mom's posse of cousins i.e. not our generation. Despite all that jazz.
For I am soothed by the fact that the wedding venue has the word "fairy" in its name (which makes it so magical liddat...i better see unicorns!) and that Uncle Joe's very gorgeous Boxster would probably be the wedding car of choice (which makes it so cool liddat....I better get a test-drive!).
So to the number eight, we proceed. When tomorrow comes.
For everyone who got hitched/ got engaged/gave birth/moved homes/closed a deal/bought a new GucciLVPradaHermes bag today, congratulations!

3 comments:
eh u got wedding 2morrow at andover, hmm me too u know! but i tak gie ah coz hv to send my dad to dialysis..i think its my far far far relatives wedding tau! heh. ntah2 u pun somewhat related to moi tak...junesky
Hi.Im like an avid reader of ur blog.Well, not really an avid reader, but worth the time passing. U write so much about ur life in Emirates, and how happy u r in Dubai and all. But Y izzit that u do not share ur down side as well? I mean, yeah, its a free blogging world and u can choose what to write and not to.Its absolutley ur choice. But babe, maybe you should also let the world know how manual and frustrating his 'glam' job can get. Any personal experiences? Perhaps, how u have to 'kao tao' to ur seniors? Oh another, how issit that u can study and fly at the same time? Time management,definately. But how? In perth?
We would love to know,im sure. I mean of coz every job has its loopholes. Do share alites?!
God Bless!
blogging is a form of free speech.. it is also a place where you can manipulate people into thinking that you are living in a glamourous happy rich life but in fact you're not..
you can say you earn BIG moolahs but in actual fact you just earn a little bit more than others. You can say you got great house and car but in fact you have loads of debts sekeliling pinggang..
you bragged about your life in dubai pat Berita Harian few months back , saying you love it so much and also the high salary you earned and the cars and property you had. and oh yes study and fly at the same time???
But why are you back in Singapore for good? Maybe contract not renewed? Terminated? MIA??
for your info, i am just a passerby who happens to hear about you from other people. and i used to work in emirates n i know that they do not earn that amount you stated in BH unless you're a G1 who sells loads of duty free on board, an SFS (Senior Flight Stewardess), Purser, some crew who work his ass off like 140hrs a month or some one whos lucky to get good flights with good allowances..
Actually you can con others regarding your lifestyle but do not drag your former company into it especially in the press. Memalukan tau especially to other sporean emirates crew.
Sorry to create a stir here. It will be the 1st and the last that i will be here. Tschus!
Post a Comment