The Ring

Sunday 20th May 2007

Azim has lost his Bulgari wedding ring. It looks a bit like this...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

...well, with more food bits, dirt and grime stuck in the ring's crevices, I'm sure.

Okay..I concede... not really lost. What really happened was, a few months ago, he took it off and put it on our caRR's dashboard to wash his beloved four-wheeler and watched in horror as gravity did its little thang, pulled the ring downwards the slightly sloping surface of the dashboard and neatly depositing it in that little Range Rover vortex between the engine and the airconditioning vents. When questioned why he just had to place his ring there, his reply was:-

"I always put there when I'm washing the Murano last time! It never masok macam gitu!"

Honey, Murano and Range Rover. Range Rover and Murano. Lain kereta, lain cerita.

No amount of wire-hangers-twisted-out-of-shape and lidi satays could get my husband back his ring so we went to the Range Rover workshop and regaled the RR agents with our little predicament. After wiping the tears from his eyes and the mirth from his mouth, one of them told us that it would cost quite a bit to take the caRR apart to retrieve the ring. How much, asked the husband gamely, all valiant and ready to spend lurid amounts of money to get back his wedding ring.

"Four thousand dirhams, sir. And that is without the labour charge," said the still-amused Indian guy, stifling another giggle attack.

Oh. Then nevermind. Thanks. We left the workshop with my husband still ringless and almost wife-less.

Actually, since I am not one to nag and also one who has been guilty before of losing valuable jewellery (my grandmother's antique diamond bracelet and my mother's diamond necklace can be counted in my list of lost frosts), I refrained from being too upset and needlessly wordy with him about his carelessness. In truth, I was silently triumphant that Azim was, for once, more careless than I am -loss of gorgeous Bulgari wedding ring, selected with love and exchanged with significance, notwithstanding. See, I do take my victories where I find them, however small. :)

And victory was sweet while it lasted.

And it lasted till last week. When I found out that I cannot find my ring, which looks a bit like this...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

....but of course, with more food bits, dirt and grime stuck in the ring's crevices.

When I backtracked, I realized the last time I saw it was when I took it off and put it into my jeans pocket to moisturize my hands, while I was sitting in the caRR with Azim driving. And I got distracted by something on the road (probably the gorgeous new Lincoln MKX!), which made me forget to put my ring back on.

And I remembered that I took my jeans off when I got home and flung it on the floor so that I can rush into the toilet to pee. I'm sure, in the whole flying-jeans episode, gravity (again!!) did its little thang, sucked my ring out of its little hiding place in my jeans and rolled it neatly into another vortex. This time, with a Phatt Bastard -who likes little round things- out, about, sniffing and hiding round things...I know I'd never find my wedding ring.

So there. Now both of us are ringless but yes, very much still in love and all, thanks! Still, I don't know of any other couple who lost their wedding rings within only two years of halalhood. Honey, does this call for marriage counselling? Or perhaps wedding ring tattoos? Or me wearing a vial of the your blood around my neck ala Angelina Coli? I meant to spell it like that, by the way. Coli, not Jolie.I think she's just a walking coli, a bra filled to the brim, with her massive boobs fixed on her slender frame. I like.

Back to story. Away from lesbian tendency.

We're now in search of a new pair of wedding rings. We wanted to get exact replacements but we forgot that the Bulgari in Dubai would need to send in a special order for us, which would take up to two months (and we don't have that kinda time...we is busy couple can?). We thought it was because the b.zero1 was an old range but even the gorgeous new Parentasi selection needed a month for special orders to come in. Simply because they didn't have stock in Dubai in our ring sizes. And I will only buy my bling in Dubai and not elsewhere...why? Because it is cheaper here. Tried and tested. At least a few hundred dollars tau...don't play-play....a hundred bucks can get you many other things!

But Bulgari is now out of the picture since we really want to get our rings as soon as possible. And yes, I do NEED a wedding ring. I feel so incomplete wearing just my engagement ring on the ring finger of my left hand. I need two rings on that finger and my husband needs a ring on his left-hand's ring finger....takleh action single lama-lama, hokay Honey?

Tiffany. Cartier. Damiani. Damas. Only white gold. Preferably with diamonds for me. Satu ke dua batu kecik pon cukop!

And the hunt is on.



PS: For those who are wondering about my previous post....fret not. I'll shed some, if not all, light on the situation soon enough, once everything is confirmed and complete. And no, in essence, it is not a bad thing at all. I'm just a sentimental fool, I am. :)

16 comments:

Ms DyNamITe said...

bulgari woman?! u lost your bulgari ring?ishk ishk..

anyways..go for cartier.heh.

Anonymous said...

tu lah, lain kali jangan ketawakan azim. kan you pun dah "TER"hilangkan your bvlgari ring? hahahaha...

takpe, time to get a new one :)

senoritahidayah said...

my bf lost his ring too..
n a few days later i lost it.

ish!~

but dat gives us a chance to get new ones..

=p

Anonymous said...

dear raihan babe,

u realli shud read this.

http://www.dianahairul.blogspot.com

and wat say you?

take care. watch ur back.

Anonymous said...

Dear Raihan

No need lar..

Just somebody with sharp claws, teeth gnashing and green eyes who have her angst locked on you.

Sometimes people get misquoted in the news even celebrities and politicians.

Some people can pepper their entries with "syukur, alhamdullilah, masyaAllah, His love, his blessings, etc" and yet their action is the opposite.

just my two cent worth

siska

Anonymous said...

subhanallah, she will nevr stop looking for a loophole just to attack u and justifying herself by commentating on her life's achievements. ya Allah Raihan, where on earth did ur paths cross? i am amazed by your propensity to divulge ur life without being overly ostentatious and somehow ur humility is so ketara thru ur choice of words no matter how hard u try to be bitchy sometimes hahhaha. no need for a retaliation lah my dear, just pray for her well being and that she will eventually cease being vicious, 2 u...: )

Anonymous said...

to the most pathetic anonymous/cannotkalahdiana.com - the split personality of this blogger who loves to blog 6-10 page and loves giving comments to her own entries pretending as if she kena possess by few anonymous whores


"Excuse me, what's up with you mentioning about this url link?"

http://dianahairul.blogspot.com


You got any problem with her?

Yanni
WWW.HEREWITH-YANNI.COM

Anonymous said...

to the most pathetic anonymous/cannotkalahdiana.com - the split personality of this blogger who loves to blog 6-10 page and loves giving comments to her own entries pretending as if she kena possess by few anonymous whores


"Excuse me, what's up with you mentioning about this url link?"

http://dianahairul.blogspot.com


You got any problem with her?

Yanni
WWW.HEREWITH-YANNI.COM

Anonymous said...

minah (yanni) support minah (diana) nampak?

good luck raihan..u kena minah attack terok-terok soon.

Anonymous said...

sanggup siak buat account baru.. bodoh nye pompan. takda orang nak layan kau kan. meh sini aku layan kau, makcik sampan.

Anonymous said...

Yanni, pasang LAWYER ah! ;)

Anonymous said...

wats dis with this yanni gal?

she is just like a mak jujat, instigator, batu api, etc ;)

gurl, chill.

Raihan.. u are still being "locked" on. Guess the next few days, you will be bothered by the gnat..

wasallam
siska


siska

Anonymous said...

yanni,u hv no business putting ur black nose into this thing between raihan and diana and neither do i but i MUST point out ONE thing...

"sanggup siak buat account baru"

kalau raihan bodoh nye pompan buat account baru...then kau bilang aku eh,yanni...camne tu blog ad 13 comment all date dah LAMA GILERR!!!

HAHAHAAH.

SIAPA BODOH SKARANG CAKAP!

eh yanni muka kuda hitam...ko dok rilek one corner lah minah!

Anonymous said...

Yanni,

You should just get a job.

Anonymous said...

really i should get a job. i want to join this blogger lah, well to join you to be exact my dearest split personality.

you know what kind of job you have been doing for bloody years???

A STALKER!!!


yeah i want to work as a stalker like you. jom join forces stalk dianahairul sama2... hahaha!!! who else want to join her as a stalker?

you know what, my friends here are giggling you know. they too wanna be like you, well a stalker.

THE MUKA SAMPAN STALKER.

and out IT Knowledge is so so superb that we felt like creating a big whole mess with your blog account. but then again, i already have a job as a stalker. and its so tiring to stalk you like only 2 days.

(how about you? arent you tired? are you like paranoid thinking about dianahairul 24/7 while serving those ppl like a maid on the plane? i mean you stalked her like years, tak penat-penat jugak... very the energetic lah you sampan!)

so if me and my IT expert friends dah nak jadi stalker, then kalau kita tamak nak jadi hacker, confirm tak leh handle. cos you are the only one yang terlampau bagus ah. you lah yang paling expert, no one can overtake your title lah sampan.

you lah ms world. oooppsss ms berbual world to be exact. you lah everythg. biasa kata emirates dubai. big deal tau.

Anonymous said...

that diana hairul is such a loser!! well, good for her for "working hard" to become a "marketing manager" and lucky for her that marketing manager post probably didn't require much in terms of command of english. i mean, "to that extend"?? MINAH. and her son got "congivitis". i believe it's conjunctivitis. and if you're the supposed muka sampan according to yanni then... i could think of another word with "s-a-m-p-a" in it that could describe diana hairul. it's freaking sad that a mother of two can be SO SPITEFUL. who cares how much you really earn?! i'd take taxless income and free accomodation with the opportunity to travel for a few years ANY DAY especially while i'm still young.