Saturday 18th November 2006
Today was hardly a comedy of errors.
So it's hardly a surprise I am so not laughing now.
Remember what I said about my mood? Well, sungguh tengah takde mood skarang. The day began with me sending Azim off to Singapore and was supposed to end with me leaving for Singapore myself, satisfied that all that I was supposed to do, has been done today. But with what little that happened and all that did not happen today, I am thisclose to jeopardizing my clean sick-free record by calling in sick for this Singapore flight so that I have one more free day tomorrow in Dubai to run around helter-skelter trying to tie up all the loose ends that were not able to be tied up today.
Thanks to all that red tape, paperwork, bureaucracy and other glorious forms of admin crap.
Bah, these greysuit office types that dish out all that admin crap! They look like they have a stapler up their butts sometimes. Or perhaps a hole-puncher. The huge, old-skool types. Sure pain one! No wonder their faces take on a cramped, pinched look when they poke their pens under my nose and tell me to fill in this, sign here, cross this and check that.
At the rate of the hearts-and-daisies mood I am in right now, I have half a mind to sign on their butts.....with a penknife.
*sigh*
I know not why I am Little Miss Crankypants (with hostile blood-spilling tendencies), right now. If I look at the things I've crossed-off my "To-Do List" today, I'd say I was more productive than my usual prostrate self. I know Azim would be pleased with what I managed to do today actually and that's saying a lot coz he knows how extremely malas and comatose I usually am when he's away. I guess it's just that I was unnaturally on a roll today and all that aforementioned admin crap hindered me annoyingly from getting everything done so a few things are hence delayed by a day or two. But delayed only..not cancelled so I shoudn't be all riled up like this. Maybe I'm upset that the delay those greysuits caused me then required me to call in sick for my Singapore flight just so I can earn myself another free day in Dubai to run around slashing red tape and cramped butts with penknives. Maybe I'm upset because in essence, I am a closet spoilt brat with an immediate problem i.e. the problem of wanting everything immediately. Maybe I'm the one with the stapler up my butt. Maybe I need to be taped across the mouth with red tape.
But I think the main reason why I'm so takde mood is because by calling in sick due to the delay, I just lost me the prospect of spending a few days in Singapore with Azim on duty. You see, usually when Azim and I get to be together in one destination on duty, it's the best best BEST! Macam free holiday. Somemore with the layover allowance we get, it's like, "Hello, here we pay both of you to fly to this country together to romp free and happy happy!"
No. No happy when plans of going out with husband in Singapore on a date and pretend macam time steady have been foiled. No happy when thoughts of visiting other people's brand new (or not so new) itty-bitty (or not so itty-bitty) babies don't come through. No happy when I've broken yet another Singapore promise. No happy no.
But for the first time in my life, I am calling in sick for a greater good and not the outcome of some malas maneauver. And that greater good is above all else that Azim and I might want immediately.
Without further ado, we'll just see. Let's just wait and see.
In the meantime, I'll try and stay chirpy.
:)
PS: To our dearest Amir R.J, thanks for everything. You're my hero ah, bro!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment