Doing Double

Monday 2nd October 2006

Going on a long long flight tomorrow and I've yet to hit the sack.

Azim went to collect my uniform from the drycleaners and I have yet to finish packing for an eight day trip that's going to take me from Bangkok to Sydney to Bangkok and then back to Dubai on the 10th. And oh yeah, this Sydney flight's different from the Sydney I did two weeks ago...this Sydney's hotel is not the Hilton. It's the Sofitel or something. Bah. Hope it's just as nice though or else I'm going on a mini-strike. Heh.

But before I blog out, I'd like to say a million thanks to the future Mr and Mrs Rainy for spending the past two days with Mr and Mrs Raihan.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

T'was a pleasure and t'was the first of many more double dates, I'm sure. :) Needless to say, Azim and Ros, our two retired Mat-Mat Motor hit it off famously. Now they've graduated from their love of off-roading in scramblers to off-roading in massive 4x4 jeep/trucks/ATVs etc etc. Not that they stopped loving bikes altogether though. I think I heard Ros mention something about acquiring that dirtbike he saw in some bike showroom somewhere in Dubai and I saw Azim showing off his beloved full-face helmets, stroking them lovingly. The very helmets that were with him when he got all those battlescars on his arms, legs and...umm...butt. Heh. Yeah...my Azim was a mat motor. I didn't know that when I met him all those years ago because circa our first date, he had just recovered from a Sepang accident and was forced by his hysterical parents to sell off ALL his bikes so that his ankle with the metal plate can heal properly.

I smell male retail therapy in a dirtbike showroom somewhere in Dubai, do you Rain?!

Nehmind.

Here's to our hubbies and their hobbies.

No comments: