Birthday Bash-ful.

Wednesday 9th August 2006

Tomorrow, I'll be in Singapore.

For only one day.

This one day is set aside to make up for two special days. Two special birthdays that went by while I had to fly everywhere else but to Singapore. The 27th and the 30th of July.

First up, I am to make up for the 27th (July 1956) as I spend some really belated birthday time with my mummy. I'm so excited. Most of all, excited about seeing her face when I give her my present. I thought long and hard about this gift. There were a million other things I wanted to get her but I made my decision based on a very treasured item she once had but lost when we moved from my childhood HDB flat in Clementi to my current childhood/teenhood/pre-adulthood home in Gillman Heights. That was around fifteen years ago. Which means, she lost that thing fifteen yonker years ago!

Happily, I am about to replace it for her.

And hopefully, I'll find someone to guide me as I drive down to see where my late daddy rests and spend some really belated birthday time with him. His birthday was on the 30th (July 1952) and it might seem like a painful irony to some that I signify the birthday of my late father. But I always think birthdays are a big happy deal, no matter how long gone one has been. And this is my father's birthday. If not for his birthday, I would not have my birthday.

Sadly, I can't replace anything for him.

Life's like that.

There are some many things money can buy. For everything else, MasterCard doesn't always do the trick. Even one with an unlimited credit.





PS: My beloved lahlings whom I am supposed to meet on my next Singapore trip, this is one day I have got to take a raincheck. Fret not, I have two other Singy flights this month. :) Oh and Happy National Day, y'all! Singapore itself and I might not have any love lost but I have many of my loves in Singapore. And as I said, birthdays mean a lot to me!

No comments: