After dropping enough hints, he finally decided it was time and now, the bedside table on my side of the bed is a little overcrowded. Seventeen lilies - fourteen unbloomed, three wide-open.

Because white lilies are my favourite flowers (white lilies only or sometimes pink also can if white no have!).
Because it's been two months since his last surprise bouquet (and that one he gave me the day before I was due to leave for a long trip so by the time I returned, the lily blooms were gone. All wilted out. Boo!).
Because he was going to leave me for six days straight (yes, I will be spending the first few days of 2006 on my ownsome lonesome!).
Because he couldn't get the usual 20 lily blooms would always get (white lilies running short due to Christmas season, says the florist!)
Because he knows the lovely lily scent always makes me happy (and I've been down quite a bit lately, missing friends' weddings, dealing with utter bullshit from some eejits and the horrible prospect of counting down without him.)
Because he loves me (and I love him!).
Thank you, honey Babushuknya, for keeping me constantly supplied with love, happiness, smiles and....
......lovely white lilies. Such a pleasant surprise.
I can't wait for all seventeen to bloom. My whole house will smell like heaven.
PS: Yes, I know this is a ghastly, super emo, dripping-with-sugar-syrup, my-husband-is-the-best and I-am-minah-jiwang post but I can't help it. Please don't upchuck into my blog. The intoxicating combination of the commencement of the new year with the scent of lily pollen gets me high. Furthermore, this is the time of the year when my emotions run amok and I become a veritable basketcase with leaky faucets in my eyes which can flow on cue and a pair of knees that can suddenly go weak at anything. Even when I'm watching Powerpuff Girls. To add insult to the injury, I had to drive my Azim to Briefing for his flight this morning and wish him an advanced Happy New Year while we hugged to our maximum strength, on the crowded steps of the Crew Briefing Center. Then I salam-ed him, he kissed me and I sent him on his way. As I drove back home, I had to blink a million times a minute as I was already crying, already missing him, already an emo-wreck goner. So there.

No comments:
Post a Comment