So Sorry

Saturday, 6th August 2005

I'm sorry.

I didn't get a single flight out of Dubai, to Singapore.

All flights bound to Singapore were full to the point of them being overbooked, to make up for flights that came in late due to the closure of the Bombay airport recently as a LOT of Indian passengers were connecting passengers to various parts of the world and since Emirates' Singapore-bound flights go on to Australia (one of those mat-salleh countries favoured by them), Singapore's flights were on top of the list for being full first.

The only flights that were available were from airlines that would do at least five-hour stopovers in airports with names I wasn't even familiar with or terminate in airports nearby Singapore like Bangkok or Bandar Seri Begawan. Which meant I have to scurry around a foreign airport alone, looking for an immediate flight home.

With my current state of half-health, I thought better of it and now, I'm sitting in the cafe,at 10 am,after being told I won't make it for the last direct flight to Singapore today. I could drive home now but the idea of being stuck in Dubai's morning traffic turned my stomach so I decided to sit it out. After all, I do have Robert Langdon to keep me company with his Illuminati, after Harry Potter left the other day. And I just put down the phone with Azim.He's a little bit frenzied with a little family thingie on his side that has to be sorted out. I wish I am there with him and his cute butt, curly hair and ready-kisses.

*sigh*

Me and my men.

And to my ladies, I am sorry I cannot make it for yet another gathering due to being so geographically undesirable again. To the gracious hostess who invited me, thank you for such a timely opportunity for better sillaturrahim, opening the doors to your lovely home for the sake of new friendships but I am sorry I cannot be there. I hope you sweetlings have a sweeeeeett time. Pictures please!!

It is quite infuriating sometimes, this deal with distance. I miss out many talk cock, shopping and makan sessions with my decade-long galpals and their other halves. I miss out on special events like their commencement, which I swore to myself, eons ago, that I would attend, the day they all started university. I mean, I missed seeing Mardi in that Siti Nurhaliza-like outfit her mother made for her just for the occasion! For the record, you girls better tell the dates of your weddings a million years in advance. I believe next up nuptials are Izrina and Firhad. I'll be watching you two.Heh.

And that's not all. I missed out on Salina aka Charm's wedding. Heck, I missed out on my own cousin's wedding. In fact, I missed out on a lot of weddings (including that of my ol' galpal Nurul Huda Friday!!) and when I can make it, I make it late (Mad Noor's, Rozi's, Farah's aka Twinks). I missed out on that Straits Kitchen meet-up with Shireen, Sharinna and Dolyah by just a day. Azim and I had to forgo drive-up-to-KL plans with Shireen and Malik. Also, I missed out on lotsa meet-RiniIsteriMithali plans. I missed out on many many MANY plans.

I'm just plain Miss Missed. It's a wonder I still have friends left at all!

I need either a private jetplane, a helicopter, a Floo Network fireplace, an Apparition licence, a Nimbus 2000, a Hippogriff or, really easy peasy, everyone I know to up and skeddadle to Dubai for good. With me.

Mr Langdon is calling for me. I think I'll stop here.

Again, to the gracious hostess and the posse at her house this evening, I am sorry I can't be there. Have fun, talk much, bitch not and be merry. Pictures included.

And my Azim love honey babushuknya, if you're reading this, do not eat more than two plates of Nasi Lemak, should you make your way there to meet Malik. Shireen, please watch him like a hawk. Malik will definately give in to his gay partner so I can't trust Malik to regulate the Nasi Lemak flow to Azim.

Damn,I wish I was there now.

7 comments:

TwinkZ said...

Hi Rai,

once again, regardless of the punctuality, your presence @ my wedding was altogether sweet. Especially flying in all the way from Dubai.

Aww~missing Azim. See this is why i started reading your blog in the first place. Don't stop the awu awu-ness alrighdey?

:)

TwinkZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Raihan..

How are you?? Don't forget to jot down our wedding date in your organizer -10/11 Dec 2005. Apply leave in advance ok?? hehe

Btw, I got my bag already. I told Nazir not to trouble you b'cos I know you are bz with work and other stuffs..

Oklah, u take care and I'll see u in dec?? byee...

Mariani aka Nazir's fiance

Anonymous said...

jamz,

fret not. we'll meet soon fer sure. all in good time love. all in good time.

don't be too lonely in dubai now. make sure mr langdon tucks you in at night, hear? like he's been tucking me in every day this week. :p

see ya *really* soon. muacks!!

RiniIsteriSiKerinting

Anonymous said...

hello hello??
good please update ur blog more often. Every morning i go to work i read your blog first ok, like its the straits times...
miss you loads......please come meet us and update with photos...and yes! ur wedding vcd! we throw for u velcome home party with decorations ballons n all ok..come home come home come home... lup lup MARDEE

Alles-Lila said...

u still on a layover duty flight to singapore kan? so hopefully, you can catch up on whatever you've missed. erm..that didn't come out right. hehehehe

Anonymous said...

robert langdon? da vinci?
hahaha. awesome.
ok, i see some of my seniors already getting hitched. aww.
cheers lovely.sis.