My Love, My In-Lieu

Saturday, 6th August 2005

What happens when the wife is not local enough to attend a gathering the couple were cordially invited to?

The husband, who is local at this time on a layover, represents his absent wife as he inadvertently presents himself, unwittingly lured to the gathering with the promise of a talk-cock kopi session with the dudes and lots of food which normally spells out some kopitiam somewhere for him. So when he agreed to Mr Malik picking him up to go hang out somewhere, he did not know he had just agreed to attend a gathering of my friends without me around, the glue that holds him and them together. When he called me to tell me what he was up to, I told him he might be headed to the gathering I was telling him about and was supposed to attend should I have made it to Singapore. He gave a tiny shriek of horror and exclaimed he can't possibly attend it without me but I told him it would be okay. I knew he didn't believe me. I could tell he was about to panic but he can't back out because Malik was already on the way to pick him up. Heh.

Now, my love is probably in Malik's Grandis, on their way to Hillview where he will get to meet the major sweetlings and their significant others.

Enjoy yourself, my love.

Remember, whatever you are served with, no more than two helpings eh?! Then again, you can eat my share also lah. Which should be one teeny, tiny, low-carb portion only. Or so I kid myself.

All the more now I want pictures of this gathering!My honey's face will be floating somewhere in the happy shots!

Chop!Chop! Yallah, habibti wa habibi!

9 comments:

citizen girl said...

hi!! thanks for dropping by my blog. i traced your step from tash's blog... well, i hope i got the right person. anyway, must be awesome to be living and working away from Singapore aye? ;)

Anonymous said...

heya thankx 4 tagging me! Awww I can truly empathize with u! Not being able to go to a gathering when your other half is there. happened to me before! anyway takecare & enjoy Mr Langdon. E book is great!

Alles-Lila said...

*LOL* poor darling...kherkherkhe...

Anonymous said...

Hi,im blog-hoppin and ran into this which is disturbing. Kindly forward to all, the MALAYS DIGNITY are being tampered and humiliated with.
http://www.thesecondholocaust.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

kAk rAihAn i sAw ur bUnCh of yOuR "gAlpAls" sOmEtIme agO, i tHiNk. mArDi, isRiNa etc..I tHiNk,RecOgNizE TheM FrOm YoUr PhoTos.got sUm gUyS aLsO,i tHiNk tHeIr bOyFrIeNdS.I DunNo.

ThEy'rE aLwAyS laUgHiNg AnD tAlKiNg aLoT aNd thEy aRe So cOol.gOt tHeIr oWn aTTiTuDe. i gUeSs YoU R alSo liKe tHaT iN PeRsOn, hUh? sO FuN!! i wIsh i haf a gAnG oF cOOl BeSt fReNs lIkE tHaT aLsO.

Anonymous said...

rai, you know lenny and huda and irda from Crescent?!

Sharafynna said...

Dear Raihan,
It was fate again that made our meeting impossible. Nevertheless, it was nice that Azim could represent you. But if patience we have, one day, someday, we will meet.

Anonymous said...

hey babe..
heard from my mom u'll be coming back to spore anytime now..

my mom has passed the wedding invite meant for you and azim to your mom..really hope you can make it!

am juz wondering now how ur roster is...now that u'll be back in spore, there's no chance u may be coming here again in sept??..hehehe..(juz trying my luck :P)

Simply Sofie said...

betul kata cik sha...
patience and fate my dear :)