You Make Me Wanna Quit

Friday 29th April 2005

I had a lot of happy thoughts.

Happy thoughts to turn into happy blogs.

Of course, I have happy thoughts. I am happy. I just got married to the man I love and who loves me back, without condition nor question. Euphoria becomes an understatement when a woman is in the state that I am in now.

And so I had the longest entry typed out on Word to be posted up, with pictures to boot. Of my hen-night, of my wedding countdown, of my wedding itself...everything. Everything. Not Abang Yunos's pictures but pictures by my Ixus, taken by me, Azim, my bridesmaids and their other halves on those significant nights and days.

I was going to thank all those dear to me. Family. Old friends and new friends. Bridesmaids and bloggers. For their presence, presents, posts and pictures that pose a lovely ode to the happiest day of my life.

I poured my every emotion out in that entry.

About how I felt the moment I stepped into Room 2911 for my hen night.

About how I felt the moment I stepped into Suite 3212 for my wedding.

About how I felt the moment I ringed his finger and he ringed mine.

About how I felt the moment I knew I was approved by MUIS as Halal meat.

About everything that I felt, with every breath that I took as a bride-to-be, a bride and now, a wife.

Why?

Because I am oh so happy.

But now, someone, without feeling, has hurt me and this time, I'm hit hard for I am still oh so happy and it's just cruel to hit someone when she is on a vulnerable high. For that is when you hit her low. So low. So low below.

So, my abominable Anonymous. Welcome back.

Your encore performance is timely and your words just as sharp. Since you appear to know more of me than my decade-long galpals or my other friends who have seen my heart on my sleeve, tell me.

Tell me what did I do to you to deserve this? What is my alleged worst that you know so well but won't tell? What kind of knife did I twist in your back to make you pour out your venom with lethal hate?

Tell me what I am entitled to write., since you appear to rank high on moral standings and blogging topic regulations. Correct me, if you must for I always did think I can write whatever the heck I wanted to write about. Even though what I wax lyrical about might be boring crap or old news or yesterday's breeze. Yeah, I know I can be quite monotonous and ho-hum. Even though I wax lyrical about Ritz-Carlton or Gucci or Dubai. Yeah, I know I can be quite a braggadocio. Even though I express thoughts about fired make-up artistes, sleazy ex-es and faltered friends. Yeah I know I can be quite a bitch.

Tell me, is it okay that I love my life so? I do. I do love my life, I am constantly thankful to Allah for His Graces and I'm not ashamed to flaunt my satisfaction. I'm happy. I'm not ashamed to holler happily o'er the hills yonder. Is happiness a sin that I have to hide? Should I just ramble on about how slow my toenails are growing instead? Or the fungus in my bread? Or just talk about how the rain patters a stacatto tune on the tin roof of my little imaginary kampung house in Kuala Benut just so that I sound more palatable to you so that I won't get such horrible hate tags? Can't I just write what I feel like writing albeit about my latest Prada purchase? Or my "superfantabulous snazzy glitzy Ritzy" wedding? It's more honest, don't you think? Modesty is hypocrisy, after all.

Tell me so I can justify this thing I'm feeling.

For at this point, I feel like I should be quitting the blogging scene.

Though I have not had enough of lovely blogs and lovelier bloggers.

But I have had enough of you.

Khalas.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear Raihan...Been reading your blog for awhile now and congrats on ur wedding..it's always nie to see 2 people so obviously in love being together..I wouldn't bother what some people would say..I just hope you'll always be hapy with your life and your love...Take care always..

Anonymous said...

harlow raihan..i've been reading yr blog ..firstly congrats on yr wedding!! u look aww so beautiful!!please jus dun care abt dat anonymous...get on wif yr hepi hepi life there will always be ppl who will be unhepi..or disaatisfied wif us..dun bother laa okie dearest..muacks..have a wonderful and fulfilling married life..take care of Azim..Daa

mkia said...

What's one silly 'Anonymous'(see lah, too scared to even leave name) as compared to many others who loved you and cared for you. Others who enjoyed reading your blog and who lap up evey 'wax lyrical' that you wrote. To hell with what 'it'(dunno the gender) said. Your happininess is others' happiness too. C'mon, continue to spread the joy.

Anyway, enjoy your life as it evolve in marital bliss. ;)

jewelhenna said...

raihan, i've met alot of people in this lifetime and i swear that i've never met anyone more real than you. even tho our meetups are brief (3 times to be exact, amounting to less than 10 hours of face to face interaction), i find it easy to be comfortable with you. you did NOT demonstrate any airs, arrogance, or elitist streak. you embrace everyone with your warmth, witty humour and apparent love for everything good and happy. you wear your heart on your sleeve and for that i adore you.

you are who you are and who you really are is only known by those who matter to you, those who love you unconditionally. there will always be trolls contaminating our lives. it is best to ignore them and move on ... let them stew in their own stinky filth.

girl, you're the real deal! celebrate your happiness! you have the right to do so! take care babe. love ya!

~jewel~

Anonymous said...

raihan, i've met you only for that few hours, but i feel so comfortable talking to you n listening to ur jokes. you are sincere, funny and most importantly, you are who you are.

you are not pretentious, and that's what i like abt you. so please don't quit, my dear!!!

p.s: as promised, i dah link you tau...i takut wait u hang kepala babi on my blog! LOL! donch porget to link me too! :))

Sarin said...

hi raihan
i 110% agree with Jewel. Don quit bcos of that someone. Don care abt them. U don owe them a living. You take care & enjoy every single bit of ur life with azim :)
luv, charm

Anonymous said...

i blog hopped my way here and have been secretly reading ur entries >.<

i say do not succumb to their mean words for it'll only give them satisfaction...


anyhooo.....you proved to me fairy tale weddings do exist and it beautiful. =)

Antiquated said...

dearest raihan. the envious hearts of others u may not change wif ur words. the feelings they harbour is beyond ur control. as much as u embrace tis life with luv & honesty, there will b others who question ur sincerity. whatever may come, keep ur head up high..no one's gonna trample all over u if u don't allow them to. and he/she may have implicated God in his/her msg, but little did he/she realise dat He is ever loving & forgiving..and to lash out at another Muslim in such an incriminating way-THAT seeks the wrath of He..even to condemn a non believer is a sin unless the non-believer wages a war/assassinate or inflict anything dire upon fellow believers. U live your life as happily as u want it to be..to each, his own. all our do'as for you..
Luv,Zati

Shazila said...

SERIOUS KAPE? Oh come on Raihan! I want to see you be a blogging mommy,blogging aunty & blogging granny.Don't quit just like that!

Continue lah,can?

Alles-Lila said...

dear sweetie, please don't quit the blogging scene. i have only met you once and that was on your wedding itself. the nikah. the one that matters the most. and i was moved to tears just watching you and azim. kept whispering to DF that you both are such a perfect couple and how gorgeous both of you are.

you are so gracious. i was so guilty that i had to miss your dinner after you graciously invited. i went up to you and wanted to apologise yet instead, you did first.

please don't make an anonymous blogger be the source for you to quit after all these while. i'm just starting to know you. we all have our fair share of hate tags but there are so many other bloggers who loves you for who you are.

(kan dah jadi essay?!) don't quit, ok? and do post that uber-long entry that you typed on word :) *hugs* rai and thanks for inviting :)

DB said...

this sounds serious...but hope u won't quit...

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I hv been reading ur blog for quite some time.. and I really envy u for what u are able to achieve in life by ur own effort and hard work..

Reading ur blog and looking at ur pictures makes me wanna go travel always...

Dun let others bring u down... Dun quit blogging ya!!

Anonymous said...

hello there sis..

was bloghopping when i came upon your blog because most of the blogs i hop to were featuring about your drop dead gorgeous wedding.

congrats on your wedding.
you made such a beautiful bride. =)

anyway, about these hate taggers, i guess the best way is to just ignore them. i did. and thank goodness, they're not back. for now that is.

take care. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Raihan!!! Congratz for your wedding!! :) I wanna get marry too.. *jealous* :( But hey! I'm so happy that you are married to him. Congratz again.. *hugz* Don't worry abt the others, they are just a bunch of crap...If you quit from bloggin', then I'll not be able to read ur fun, happy adventurous blog again..:( Buut I hope u'll stay bloggin'.. :)

Anonymous said...

hi gorgues... pls dun quit blogging jz coz of tat anoymous.. I love reading ur post... I really njoy it.. Jz dun care abt tat anoymous.. she/he is juz jealous.. ignore it ok...

CONTINUE BLOGGING....

i'll be ur no.1 reader... hehe

Anonymous said...

I agree wif all d other bloggers... u hv lots of frens who will stand up for u, no matter wat a coward says abt u.

I gez it's realli hurtg when sum1 bombards u wif demeaning words but karma will work its way in ur favour. Fret not...

Niwae, congrats for u've attained marital bliss whch i blv u've always wanted.

Sharafynna said...

A simple *Plain Jealous* i suppose that person has. Anyway, i tried e-mailing u but it always gets bounced back.

Anonymous said...

Hi Raihan. First of all congrats to u & ur hubby. Have seen ur beautiful wedding pix @ Diah's. I've been reading ur blog for a while but malu lah nak tag u.. Hehehe..

Pls dont quit blogging. Ignore that one anonymous posting. These pple tak ble tengok org lain senang. You can see 4 urself that there are other dear bloggers that would support u. Us against that one misery bugger, he/she wouldn't stand a chance. Cheer up sweetie and may you and azim lead a wonderful marriage life! Amin!

Anonymous said...

hello raihan.been readin ur blog. dun let that pest's remarks bother u. after all u dun owe dat pest a living. and dun quit blogging bcoz it shows that that pest has won!!

The DP said...

Raihan--
Nice to see a post-wedding post and I want to tell you that I LOVE your blog macha Allah and don't let hate ruin your vibe. You have a unique point-of-view and whoever is jealous of that...is just jealous. Salam and congrats on a beautiful wedding (macha Allah again)

Anonymous said...

First and foremost, me like to congrats to the newly wed couple. A new fresh life and a new journey, may Him, Allah, bless both of you with a happy marriage.

Time flies soo fast ... man.. we grown up so fast ... and blog just the place to remember the happenings ...

Trina said...

wat happen now? hmmmmm did dat someone pissed u again???

Anonymous said...

well raihan...

its easier said "to ignore" than to do it.. but its really annoying when someone thinks he/she's so upright and all correct in his/her life to be good enuff to "correct" others.

super annoying.

just blog wot u wish to blog dearest raihan... coz ultimately, 8743827905719375871387432789237518753983748274987358 raihan fans can't be wrong. :)

take care.

poww@home

Anonymous said...

hahaha..

my random thoughts in went thru (and a hilarious past conversation with someone i recalled) when i was in the shower after the last post here (the makcik2 remix):-

"inilah melayu.. tak boleh tengok lain melayu senang. kalau nampak orang lain drive merc je, maknanya laki diorang jual dadah."

HIDUP MELAYU! HIDUP ALA KADAR!
:D

poww@home

Anonymous said...

Blog wat U desire to blog n not give a hoot to all those sharp tongue aka words. It happens from time to time buts its your blog your world.
have a good day.

Simply Sofie said...

hi! hope its not too late to still WISH YOU A BIG CONGRATS!!!

sheer bliss!

Anonymous said...

raihan tau apasal orang jeles? coz ur wedding is wedding of the year,babe! no one else can beat your wedding, unless they hold it at the Istana ke tempat classier than Ritz and mana ada lagi tempat lagik class dari Ritz hah?? i cant think of any.

so tak mau lah quit because of orang-orang yang tak berfikiran matang dan orang yang berfikiran Melayu tak boleh tengok orang lain senang.

Red said...

*throws a cushion at Rai*

Sheesh...Don't be silly ok? Let's not give such people satisfaction, all right?

You quit, they win.

You continue, they don't.

Ergo, don't quit.

Easier said than done, but it can be done.

Take time off and blow some steam (or max out your new hubby's credit card on retail therapy), if you must, but do not stop waxing lyrical on whatever topic you fancy. ;)

*blows kisses*

Red Herring-the-resurrected-workaholic-so-that's-why-she's-a-coupla-days-late-in-sending-this-message.

Trina said...

gawd! it really pisses me off when dat ANON tag ya!! send my blood boilin! and now shiftin the blame on moi?!! pleaseeee.. look at the way dat ANON tag ya? do it looks like i can write like dat! gawd! my writing's worst! dun they remember??!! anyway babe!! dun stop bloggin coz i knw u won't. be in the bride of the year, the weddin fairytale... guess most of us were there to witness the most de important day of ur entire life, the solemnization day. where we are hold to be the witness of both of ur marriage. *hugs* dun let all those critics get into u. the more they did, think the more u shld continue writin... and in fact u never faiil to amuse us wif ur funny stories! so hey gurl, i see u when u're in town again ok? wif MJ again??!! we need lots more than the bitchin sessions! gd day !