Why

Sunday, 3rd April 2005

Someone blatantly asked me my age.

Someone beautiful, blonde and bodacious. One of my senior flight stewardesses, a wily, world-weary woman who probably had her heart broken more than once because maybe, just maybe, she was too beautiful for herself.

"Turning 24," I said, cringing at the sudden realization of the years passing by in a blurry whir.

"This year?" she exclaimed, incredulously.

"Yes, this year," I countered, hoping this will lead us somewhere constructive.

"And you're getting married? You're too young, my love! Why?"

"Why....?"

I stared at her unblinkingly.

Why. Why indeed.

I have so many beautiful reasons why.

Yet the best part is, I cannot think of a reason why not.


"I can imagine myself with a million others.
But I cannot imagine myself without you."


Seventeen days and counting, baby.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS:To the bloggers I'm supposed to link up by now but I have not done it yet, I will soon but I can't now. I'm in Jakarta (again, to collect my flower girl dresses this time!) and the server here, as usual, is misbehaving and I'm misplaced.

To CT who has helped me loads with the Suunto watch search, merci, mon ami! I owe you big big, darling. If I can't find the wristop computer, I'll just settle for the diving range. I really want to get a Suunto watch for Azim for his dulang!! Thanks again!

To the rest of the bloghoppers whose questions have not been quenched, I apologize. I will get down to answering the BML questions, the Emirates questions, the Moscow questions and the Fatimah Mohsen questions once choppy waves turn still.

Oh and by the way, I fired Fatimah Mohsen. And hired someone else (with much gratitude due to Rini and Nura for their advice!).

Why?

Well, why not

I'll explain myself later. Right now, I'm due for some shut-eye. Tomorrow, I'm due for a little bit of ear-candling, a little bit of lulur and a little bit of Jakarta sunshine.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE ARE ALL COUNTING DOWN IN SINGAPORE FOR YOU!!! SO EXCITING!! I THINK I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS EXCITED OVER A MALAY WEDDING BEFORE! TODAY I WENT TO GO AND SEARCH FOR BRIDESMAID DRESS.. SO EXCITING!

Anonymous said...

Hey Raihan!
Awwww man....I wish I could attend yours and Azim's wedding! :) It's okay, you guys will attend my high school graduation right?! Hehe! I hope so!!!! Take care Raihan!

Anonymous said...

hey wat happen to fatimah mohsin?? is it their services or the dresses or the make up...heh?? cant wait for the insight details..neway ur wedding will turn out very extravagent..just like u! take care u..

EyeLash

Anonymous said...

I've always thought getting married at 24 is very ideal you know.
So imagine those pples' reaction when I got married at a tender age of 22.
Kepos.
Pon just nice pe eh?
Y delay when you have found the ultimate love of your life right?
Being married is a wonderful feeling!
You take lots of rest ya bride to be.

Love
Nura

Anonymous said...

yes mam'! eeheh..woohoo..bout 2 weeks more..*jumping in excitement for u* yeah go pamper urself & hv lotsa good rest for ur big day! Take care k.

Anonymous said...

hi, been reading your blog.. your Big Day is coming...
so relax, hv enuf sleep and take care!

Sen

Anonymous said...

i found ur "secret" wedding blog rairai! i noe its not that secret but u dont publicise it but i found it anyway and dat blog also very the rawkz!

and u are having ur wedding dress TAILOR MADE??? wow...must be expensive but takpelah kan..one of a kind!mesti lawa.

good luck and have fun ber-wedding!

Anonymous said...

oh neway EyeLash=Strawberrysweet hehe..tak realise u oredi add me to ur link..(*_*)

EyeLash

Lynn Maharet said...

All i want to say...glad u fired Fahtimah Mohsin..

All the best to ur wedding!! U will enjoy it!! :D

Anonymous said...

Fatimah mohsin...hmmm, must be their services, rite? Went to their shop last month and was really pissed with them. Banyak cakap but no action. Semuanya Insya-Allah, bila mahu game. Nvm, I get Nazir to bombard them if they give me empty promises.

mkia said...

hey there,
You're most welcome. Just helping out a bride-to-be in need of a a very, very good rest before her big day. Pamper yourself girl. No better place than Indonesia itself for that!

Take care,
ct

Anonymous said...

kak raihan! congrats on ur nuptials okayy.. you'll make a gorgeous bride. all crescentians do.. LOL.

*elii

Shazila said...

good luck for your wedding! relax ok! u dont want pimples to pop out on the day kan? :)

jemima.j. said...

hey there.. just to share..heard from rini, what happened.
sumthin alike happened to my close fren and she 'fired' her services too... the other bridal service was much better and shes so glad she did the right thing.. tho sadly, she didnt get full refund. but still, its worth it!

advance congrats!

Sharafynna said...

Hmm..i had her to do my make-up for my wedding dinner. I wasn't impressed with the outcome. Didn't want to mention earlier..not my kind to change one's perception. Yeay...the day is getting nearer..

jewelhenna said...

ohmigosh your big day is getting closer! eh we havent discuss that henna idea of ours eh? ok i'll email you some patterns soon. are you still game? sorry i didn't email earlier, been busy with exams (thank God its over). i did something cool on the weddingsuperstar *wink wink*. i'll email the photo to you! hee!

~jewel~

Lynn Maharet said...

hmm i shld have fired her also but anyway its over...i'm fine w the makeup ..mine done by her fren not fatimah herself lar..

but the clothes and services..disappointment...

Anonymous said...

hi raihan....read that u'll be getting married soon. CONGRATULATIONS! u'll made a gorgeous bride! ooh-la-la!

Anonymous said...

hi raihan....read that u'll be getting married soon. CONGRATULATIONS! u'll made a gorgeous bride! ooh-la-la!

Anonymous said...

Hey lovely Raihan! I'm a virgin blogger and so far it s been swell reading colourful blogs like yours and a few others. You sound very colourful and fun! =) You so remind me of my gf u noe.. gila gila, intellectual, sweet and has a kind heart. Your big day is coming so I've read. I can't help feeling excited for you ! =) Congratulations to u and the love of your life! I'll pray that you'll have a blissful marriage...Amin =) Take care and oh ya happy birthday in advance to you and your beloved! What a double celebration it will be =) I can imagine...