Nurul H is a MOMMY!

Monday 11th April 2005

I've got news.

Stork news, that is.

My girl, Nurul Huda Friday, just gave birth to a baby girl sometime last week. Sometime a few days before her own birthday. According to the current Reuters of the group, Mardee. I tried to call Nurul but she didn't answer her mobile. Figures. If I were her, I'd be ignoring my ringing mobile too as I will be too busy staring in enraptured wonderment, mouth agape, at my newborn baby girl.

Alhamdullilah.


My wedding hubbub greatly pales in comparison to this. This gift of life. And my very own galpal, Nurul Huda Friday, is now holding this gift in her arms. The same Nurul H who endured countless Geography lessons with Nora (aka Sadin) and I, under the watchful eyes of Miss Pillai. The same Nurul H whom I tried to match up with every cute and not-so-cute guy in Victoria School. The same Nurul H who cruelly and gleefully conjured up ever-after images of me and a certain Anglo-Chinese School boy I actually avoid like the plague.

The same slenger Nurul Huda Juma'at is now a mother, joining the ranks of fellow ex-Crescentians of Class '97, Izzati, Roselelah and Ida.

I take a moment and reflect. For all that I am now, I'd give anything to be where they are. I love babies, I love children and I'll love them even more if those little tykes I drool over came from my own loins. Soberly, on the flipside, as I take stock of who I am, I know I am not ready for kids yet. I really can't even wipe my own ass properly, let alone wipe little ones of others. The other day, I took a big crap in Azim's apartment and totally forgot to flush (though I did wash and wipe my ass!). My big brown crap cake welcomed Azim later with such a bad stink, his pee forgot to come out. And I got an earful from my clean-freak fiance.

That's why I take my (red) hat off to all the young mothers, mothers-to-be and mother-wannabes. They are in a level I can't even fathom being in. The mothers have already performed miracles and are thriving through the beauty of motherhood and the dealings of family life. The mothers-to-be are about to embrace motherhood itself and are glowing epitomes of real wonderwomen, what with pregnancy shenanigans and some, with careers and life's neverending wildcards. The mother-wannabes have received revelation and are mature enough to desire and try for motherhood to shape their future and destiny. (To the mother-wannabes, I wish them all the luck, all the fertile eggs and sperm, all the baby-making tantric sex and all the storks in the world.InsyaAllah!)

And me, with my flimsy whims and my floozy fancie,I can't even call myself a mother-wannabe. With my messy schedule. With my current obsession with yoga for that elusive toned ass and tummy. With my headscratching dilemma between a pair of Gucci Flora heels or Celine strappies for my wedding dress. With my self-love and my selfishness and my whole, individual, only self.

I am really my own little kid who ought to be spanked silly.

But if Allah has it in His books that I am to be with child soon after I am married, I'd be eternally grateful. If not yet, I let slide for I think He knows that I am not ready. I know I am really not equipped yet to take care of a helpless little babe (although Azim is,I'm sure!).

So again, to the young ladies in the uberposh Sorority of Motherhood (current, pending or tentative), with you all, I rest my case as I give my kudos. This sorority membership is worth more than a million Hermes Birkin bags.

Especially for Nurul Huda Friday.

Because she was as slenger as I was and yet, she has passed the sacred initiation whereas I would fail miserably.

Oh, just spank me.

14 comments:

mkia said...

Oh, give urself a break...
Betcha', should you be blessed with a kid soon after your nuptials, you will be ready. Rest assured that with the gift of life, you will also be blessed with maternal instincts. God is fair, after all.
Once those instincts kick in, you will be as prepared as any would-be mums out there...

Regards,
CT

PS: How's the thing with the watch. Figured out which one to get? Did you get the no. of the importer?

TwinkZ said...

Rai,

weyyyy the dinner's on the 7th hor, on the 5th later u datang, u'll be greeted with either silence or a basketball court full of kids.

anw Rai, im wondering how i shud send u my invite. Takkan wana pass during ur reception, u'll be tOo busy la. So shud i send it over to ur SG addy or Dubai? U leme noe can?

keke, sOo kan another wat?! 9 more days. Heh. dap dup dap dup huh? oOoOo i cant bloody wait for mine. wot more urs? coming up even sooner.

SOoo i'll c ya on the 29th & the 7TH hor. On the 5th is my nikah.Ur more than welcome to come to the nikah to see Naz sweat it out a lil,LOL. I'm terribly cruel.keke.

camner nie? hvnt rec'd ur invites yet tau. ;p

jewelhenna said...

congrats to new mummy, sis nurul huda! i concur that the miracle of life HAS to be when a life starts within a woman and she nurtures that life for 9 months and finally gives birth to it. it's amazing that such a life could live within us. only women get to experience that miracle. masyaAllah, subhanallah! i agree with CT, when the time comes, maternity instincts will kick in and you'd know what to do, how to do it and when to do what. afterall, you'd be a mother. subhanallah! Allah is great!

*sniffles*

as you make the transition from a girl, to a woman, to a wife and then a mother, embrace the experiences and count your blessings for the "rahmat" that Allah has given you :-). take care babe!

~jewel~

ina said...

Raihan..i got ur previous msg and have left u an email...did u get my email? in case u didnt get, u can get back to me at elista79@hotmail.com...Since im doing dxb-jed, we arent staying at renaissance but at Traders Hotel,
Corner of Abu Baker Al Siddique and Salah Al Din Road,
P.O. Box 81877...i'll be touching down in dxb on 13th at 4.10pm but i tink u'll be on the way to Sin alredy...i have sent u my home addy in the email...hope u got it..tk care yah :)

DB said...

hehehe...i love kids too and wouldn't mind having a few of my own, but heck i'm not even married. i think being mommy is something to be blesse for, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Hey Raihan,
I think, KNOW, you'll be a good mother someday!! :)

-Justin

Anonymous said...

rai, don't worry...when the time comes, you'll be an excellent parent, too :)

~mahd

Sarin said...

Hi Raihan :)

Congrats to nurul h. and m sure when the time comes, u'll be a good and of course pretty mommy!

btw, i so wanted to know abt ur experiences with FM. cos i engaged them for my wedding and i just had my indoor & outdoor shoot done last week.

take care and congrats to u & azim in advance. how exciting! 8 more days to ur wedding! :)

Anonymous said...

hi raihan, remember those conversation we had tru MSN about my granny, it really touch my heart and i cud not believe it...

*tears rolling*

lin said...

hey raihan..bloghopped from nura! congratulations on your impending wedding and doncha worry about motherhood, you'll just automatically do a good job when you become one!

TwinkZ said...

oh bole :)

leme noe la. buzz me fellow-bride-to-be in like wot, err 8 days? omigod datz like slightly more than a week. *oOoo*

ya lor! duno y leh, u & me banana fanana boat. i thot urs 20th may. u thot mine 5th may. actually u r right la Rai.Heh.

okla,anything tinker. toodoloos. :)

jewelhenna said...

darling! yes i emailed to your hotmail. was wondering if you've received it. ok YES, please call me when you're in singapore! glad that theweddingsuperstar gave you my number (thanks sweetie!). i have yours too but i refrained from sms-ing lest you're not in singapore. bridal henna with french mani? no problem (did you see my latest bride? she had french mani). we'll just have to choose patterns that are more modern-looking then. insya Allah we'll work something out. don't you worry about a thing babe.

in any case, if you need to email me, write to jewelhenna@gmail.com

take good care and see you soon, insya Allah!

~jewel~

Alles-Lila said...

raihan, got your message...i'll definitely be there...can't wait! see ya :)

Lea Liana said...

hehehe.. bet u'll be a great mom too someday! in the meantime, take care and congratz in advance for yr upcoming nuptials.. :)