I'm bursting.
Bursting with good news, that is.
First, one of my decade-long galpals whom I adore to pieces, just got proposed to. The ring I have yet to see but the man....the man got his stamp of approval from all the other galpals eons ago. And of course, she said yes. It is, they say, understood-ded.
Congratulations, Izrina and Firhad. 2006 nuptials, perhaps? InsyaAllah.
And, come this July, the only guy (besides Firhad) I adore in the most asexual way now (even though I had a secondary school crush on him for ages!), is getting married! To his long-time sweetheart. In the way I'd always imagine his kind of wedding to be like, two receptions to fuse two cultures. One Chinese wedding in a hotel ballroom, no less. One Malay wedding in his childhood home in Telok Blangah, five minutes away from mine in Gillman Heights.
Congratulations, Mad Noor and Wen Li (no I will not publically reveal her beautiful Muslim name, I don't have a right nor the permission to do so!). 2006 parents, perhaps? InsyaAllah.
And, Azim's 11-year-old brother is now safely and happily settled in his hostel room, in his new boarding school in Cairo. He'll start lessons immediately and he'll learn to speak Arabic super-fluently by the end of this year.
Congratulations, Azzat the Budak Bulat. Al-Azahar University in 2016 and take over MUIS in 2017, perhaps? InsyaAllah.
Funny how I was not within the vicinity of any of these people yet I managed to get the news fresh. The powers of technology and the nosiness of me. Excellent combustion.
And me. I want to have babies immediately after 20th April 2005. Oh..itsy bitsy babies, hopefully with Azim's curly hair. We even have names laid out for my son and my daughter and no, they are not feeling totally-mat-salleh names yet they are ambigious enough to be unique. And short enough to spell in kindergarten. But our professional requirements and our career calender puts the baby-making on hold till life is on a steady tributary. Right now, I'm in a raging river and I can't stop to take a breath (or make a baby!). But it's exhilirating and I'm doing okay.
And you. I wanted ceasefire and I wanted clarity. I never wanted a war. I was in such a naive and sincere position that I never saw you coming at that angle with your counter action. I have to admit that tears were shed and palpitations were felt as you unfeelingly scrape the bottom of your barrel for public scum. I thought you already hit rock-bottom but hey, you went lower! Yet, now as my fort is steeled and my senses sharpened, I see that you are a book so obvious and so easily read that I can read between the lines and figure out your intentions.
And because of that, you are a book I'd rather close. For the greater good.
To the people named here that I hold in the whitest of light for the happiest of life, congratulations and may Allah bless all your days, even the uppest of ups and the downest of downs.
And to you, may Allah bless you too and all that you have and will have in life. For like me, you are just another one of His creations, put on Earth for a purpose, lived on Earth with a past and journey on Earth for a future. I bear no ill-feeling towards you and I never did.
And to all the lovey-dovies of the world, Happy Valentine's Day. Whatever that means. I spent mine alone and far away from my love so I'm grinched, again. Such are the dealings of my life.
Toot.
PS: To all who offered advice about my wedding visuals, both here on my blog and in my e-mails, thanks A KEJILLION! ALL your suggestions inspired me , especially the nonchalant and brutally honest one from the owner of numomzz@hotmail.com. Whew. I admire you. For all that you put up here. We'll get in touch pretty soon,no? I'm now officially stumped as to who I will use to do my wedding visuals. I can't take them all. Again,I'm not Julita Aishah. Heh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
There goes mad noor. poof.
waduh....bz bz life u have here till 20042005...heeheee..
*in bibik belachan tone* i so excited for u, u noe.....
hey raihan,its me,the nosey passerby..my name is naz,by the way..i actually felt better after penning down my wedding story the other day.i felt i had bottled it up way too long..aniways,do check out my friendster page if u wanna put a face to my name...type in my email add or my username is nazzy girl...ciao bella!
thought of "revealing" my boo's boo-tiful muslim name anyhow, but realised that in doing so, i would have inadvertently revealed your future daughter's name too (and i certainly don't have the right nor permission to do so either).
anyways, here's an update:
1) i booked my leave for 20th April (whoopedeedoo!)
2) i'm doing the DXB-IST run on tuesday(22/2).
so, if you're around then, feel free to call every hotel in dubai and ask for FS Mohd Noor, and i'll catch a cab and tell the cabbie to drive me to the place where i can get russian ho's. =)
neber tell me u gettin married. would've moved on earlier. smirk. aye-nee-hoo, congratulations all the same. may the best of your single life be the worst of your married one.
neber tell me u gettin married. would've moved on earlier. smirk. aye-nee-hoo, congratulations all the same. may the best of your single life be the worst of your married one.
gurl,
i am doing a wedding speech for my gf.i'm so handicapped!!!
good luck on urs.:P
raihan me is loiking your new look...crazy yet the theme hits home.
Just wondering why you just won't let go First you attack about her weddin then her baby's name. Do you know that she had a wedding in shang ri la and what's the meaning behind her baby's name. Mat salleh yes but there's meaning. You had good intentions then why start posting on her husband? You started things and not blame her for all of it. Stop ok. She's pregnant. Be more sensitive on others. To each his own. What she likes may not suit you and vice versa to don't go on shooting indirectly. We all can see what you have in mind. Stop. She's pregnant. I'm yati. Hope this will end.
What i meant was you started it and now blamed it on her. If you never start all this it will not come this far. Just leave her alone. She's pregnant once again i'm tellin you. You have been going around accusin and saying things about her husband. Then went up to look for her now blame it on her? Stop. She's PREGNANT. You really want to people to think you're innocent then by all means but just stop hitting her. Can you do that?
with all due respect to the most recent one......
hah??
*exhales slowly*
where did ALL that come from?
fyi, i used to eat ex-boyfriends but i dun eat children nor their names. and the rest?? again, a smokey hazy cloud still clouds ur judgement and shrouds ur thoughts.
:)
and as i said, whether or not u "girlfriends" wanna burn down my house, i've closed THAT book eons ago.
oh and if u come by again to grace me with such kind words, please do bring something sweet.
if not, don't bother me again.
ta-ta,little ones.
merci,chienne.
waaahh...orang dah tutup buku dia nak start jugak....bersungguh-sungguh pulak tu! sayangnyer dia ngen "kawan" dia tu...secret lesbian gakz?ke gila?
raihan,i saw ur multiply page!me like the poems, well selected!
Post a Comment