Emirates employs over 100 nationalities to make up its Cabin Crew count. Therefore, I have flown with people from places like Serbia, Tanzania, Khazakstan and even Greenland! Needless to say, with the mix of people of so many blood types, I have seen celebrity lookalikes who sometimes don't even know who they look like coz they hail from places that have their own brand of entertainment. Or maybe even lack thereof. It's quite an epidemic for me as I am used to just looking at Adrian Mah s/o Mah Bow Tan, my ex-poly classmate in my Drama module in MassComm, who looks like Harry Connick Jnr.
I have seen a John Travolta. From some rural French Island somewhere out there, he looked at me blankly when I told him he looked like a dimpled chin Hollywood veteran hottie. I left him at that.
I have seen a Mariah Carey. I think she's Venezuelan. She finished my sentence with a curt wave of her hand when I was about to tell her who she looked like. She said she's had enough of people saying she looks like a high-pitched pair of shiny breasts. Wokaayyy....
I have seen a Jude Law. Though his face was on the chubby side, he appreciated the comment but told me the South Africans do not appreciate him enough. Yes, he is from South Africa..a part of Africa where people would be surprised to find homegrown Mat Sallehs aplenty. I was, at first.
I have seen a Tom Cruise. I did a flight with him and Azim to Jakarta and we couldn't shake off the fact that he was a Tom Cruise Ver 2.0! From the grin, to the hair, to the face, to the height but not so much the accent. He was a real Frenchie. With a name like Benoit. Which many of the uninitiated pronounce as Ben-Oyt. But it's Benuar. Or something. I called him Tom. Khalas.
I have seen a Sarah Jessica Parker. Whose name is also Sarah. From some kampung part of London, apparently. She doesn't fancy looking like her namesake,though. She said SJP's all that but has a nose too long and too high and is paranoid her nose is like that. I assured her it wasn't the nose. It was the hair and the shape of the face and...oh yeah..actually, the nose also! Chet...dah bagus tu hidong mancong!
I have seen an Al Pacino, in his younger days of the Godfather era. This guy really didn't know who Al Pacino was, which was a sad fact which could actually warrant a right for me to kick him in the balls right there in the galley. I let it pass, knowing that he grew up in Lahore, where they would have worried more about the India/Pakistan conflict rather than which member of the Corleone family be blown up first in Godfather III.
I have seen a JLo. She really really did look like a JLo! But I know it took effort. She was blessed with the good points of having Fillipino/Spanish blood course through her veins thus the big eyes, sharp nose and wide mouth. But her constant tanning (fake and sun) and carefully highlighted hair gave her that juicy latino look. But she told me her flat ass needed some work. I'd say her accent was the one that needed reworking. Very Tagalog!
I think I can name more but I forgot all the "celebs" that I've met.
And now....I have been told, I look like Micheal Jackson. Apparently, one with boobs, a big ass , a vagina, a slightly sweeter disposition, a smaller bank account and a fleshy nose with fleshier cheeks.
Well, maybe the similarity was deduced from the fact that we both liked males.
Can you see it?
I thought I looked like 50/50 combo meal of my late father and my mother. I could be wrong. I could also be MJ's lovechild from secret failed marriage with some Malay minah!
Now THAT'S a past to expose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Hi!Are u from Ngee Ann Poly and was in Malay Cultural Club together with some malay gals from MassComm? Coz i was one year ur junior and was aso in that club.Ur hair was short then.
Hey Raihan! It's me Justin. "I'd say her accent was the one that needed reworking. Very Tagalog!" LOL!!!!! I think that's true. Hahah! Can't wait to see celebrity look alikes when I get to be a cabin crew!!! :)
i wouldn't wanna look like SJP either, Raihan. *lol* very nice entry =)
aNa
Hey there..:)
1st of all, i wanna send my condolences on your father's passing away..hp ur feeling better now. Congrats on the registration..and ur upcoming akad nikah nx year.. hp it all goes well..
Lastly, in advance, Happy New Year!!
Hv a great week:)
hie kak raihan. hokay i was 2 years ur crescent junior. in hockey. u remember siti arfah, juliarti, nurah all? i was one of them. suhaily. ingat tak? INGAT TAK?? hehe. no i'm not veronica siah. oh oh! erm me and 5 others were in a singing grp called *ehem* us noize... sheesh kebab.
finally i am able to say sumtin..ok,i is be there tomorrow,should be tomorrow morning , early,i got into contact with rayne,got her number too,will call her bila sampai , she balik petang after KWI (god noes apa) turn...jom,gi dinner yokkkkkkkkkkkk!!got a lot to talk...i tink u noe wat abt...will call u??
janganla marah2...plssssssssssssssssss??
ANNA MARTINA...the real one
dear raihan,
hey dun mention it babe. its tough when ppl scrutinise our blogs & to its OUR blogs for crying out loud. we r not here to please anybody. i understand what u r going thru coz i have been there myself.
but i am thankful that it happen though as i learnt who my true friends were. watever it is. like wat princess say.. u r not alone. nvr..
happy new year to u too!!
luv
herda
ps: link ya~
hehe..thats a funny entry!!! :P
rai rai..
kamu ini kelakar la.klakar sarcastic but best kedemak la..keke kan skalik skala post in Malay.
take care & Happy New Yr!
raihan i knew u frm days in poly but u never knew me.i found ur blog frm my frens cousin. in poly u were either wit the cooler masscomm ppl or wit shanaz. i could never had the chance to talks to u but u did smile once at me wen i terlanggar u kat canteen 1.my grp of frens in my course talks abt u a lot kalau nampak u kat canteen 1.tak tau apasal.u hav dat special something. nie bukan angkat eh.nie cuma nak bilang aje. dan salam takziah atas kehilangan arwahnya.hope u ok.
so raihan dah nak naik pelamin eh?kita kat sini belom jumpa jodoh,raihan akan jadi bini orang. ini hanya pendapat saya eh...saya rasa awak dan azim made for each other and u looks very good together. TAPI kalau setakat looks, u and shanaz look PERFECT together. tak tau apasal. kita slalu cakap korang 2 sajak. korang dua seharusnya jadi contoh lumrah dunia, girl lawa degan boy lawa. ini bukan cakap shanaz lebih handsome or azim lebih handsome tapi u more kena ngan shanaz setakat luar saja.
tapi azim yang perfect for you inside and outside kan? ok...actually,azim and u pon very kena lah cuma kita agak dah biasa tengok u and shanaz and tak tau yg u dah break dengan dia.
sorry if i offend.
salamzzz...
shams
Happy New Year Raihan...let's forget 2004 and smile towards a hopefully bright new 2005! tk care...
Hello dearest, may u have a blessed new year ahead! Hugz -Ana
Post a Comment