Azim....

Melancholy. Sentimental. Emotional. Bored.

I am all of the above.And a little bit more. While my photos are uploading, I 'd like to go on and on about my Glasgow/Edinburgh trip ....

...but I just don't feel like it coz those would require happy thoughts and I just have.....sleepy thoughts. Sleepy and all of the above-mentioned.

Azim has just left for his KL trip and yes, I am quite indignant that they've rostered him for a KL a DAY before mine instead of putting us together on the flight. Before he prepared for his flight earlier, we snuggled up and watched another whole round of FRIENDS, the last few episodes and had a hearty good laugh. And now..it's oh so quiet. Shh...shh...I already miss him.

I love him. I've said it enough but I can say it a million times more. I love Azim. He is almost perfect. My mother has always told me, find a man who loves you more than you love him. And I think I have.

He cooks for me. A hell lot more than I cook for him! He's really very good with the culinary stuff. I'm just a typical frier or I eat things raw. Yesterday, he cooked up a really nice steamed fish dish with vegetables. Today, he blended a whole bunch of fruits, bottled the juices for me and stored them in my fridge to supplement my Azim-away diet. He brings me out to fancy-pants restaurants and indulges me. I'm sorry but I am mollycoddled to no end when it comes to food. Maybe he just wants me to get all fat like I used to be. Heh.

When I return from a trip, I'd walk into my apartment, exhausted and almost always, all my candles and tealights would be burning and the air would smell sweetly of one of my essential oils. And he would be waiting for me, with his arms outstretched for a hug to take the flight away from my aching body and crying feet.

When I get a cut on my finger or anywhere else, he checks it everyday and insists on dabbing his legendary Minyak Gamat. He says a little incantation or two, one of the many ayats he has memorised and assures me that besok dah baik. It's quite juvenile of me to believe him but I get a loving kick out of his action hero/magician tendencies.

When we go shopping, he will insist on carrying all our bags, even though I know he's almost staggering under the weight. I'll eventually have to use force or a threat of celibacy to get him to give me some bags. He'll usually give me one. Out of the twenty that we have.

When I cry, he lets me wipe all my hingus on his shirt. And lets it dry there. In the hot Dubai sunshine. If I were him, I'd biarkan the hingus to berkerak on my nose instead of drying it on my lovely Hugo Boss T-shirt.

When the pair of Prada shoes I wanted were not available in my size, he secretly went all the way to the other Prada boutique and got those heels for me. My size.

I don't mean to go all emo on my blog but I can't help it.

Sending him off earlier, I realized how MUCH I yearned to go on ALL my flights with him and how much, sometimes, I nearly take him for granted.

Honey, it's been two years. And a lot more years are on their way. I'm betrothed to you and I'm in love with you. Hopelessly.

What a sweet, sweet deal!

By the way...our Birmingham and some Melbourne pics are up in my fotopages. Take a peek.


8 comments:

ina said...

Beb...k set nx time im rostered for any dubai flts i let u noe k....ahh such a touchin entry...yah its very true and there is a quotation that says' marry sumone who loves u more than you love him'...hahah...i tink we are lucky to have such great bfs (in ur case fiance) but my bf used to say..not lucky, but we deserved each other...hehehehe :)

Tania Feldthusen said...

Harlow!! So happy that you finally update yet again:) everyday, i look forward to read your entry..:) aniways, awwwwww.. u veli e touchin in this entry... but its nice once in a while to let it all out:) i thk i did tat b4 too:) hmmm, it certainly makes us appreciate them(our bf) more when we come to thk that we hv limited time with them..with e flt schedule n stuff.. me oso same.. (if not worst).. get to see him per year less than 6mths!! imagine tat.. so whenever he is ard.. he gets all my TLC!!.. no doubt:)

So its a date ya, one day we go shopping together:) CAn't wait!! take care ya..

p.s: oh u shy eh.. hehe..its ok:) at least now i noe u did come by:)
p.s: did i tell u tat my fiancee says u look sweet and not forgetting pretti..heheh:) GUYS!!

Ms DyNamITe said...

aaawwww..wat a sweet entry...:)

uve found your happy ending...wonder when will i find my happy ending?? :)

Trina said...

alahai so lomantic ah!!! heheheheh kuasa nah nak cerita pasal ur trip! me??? susahlah!! i wish i haf the energy like urs to say it all!!! heheheheh bet u must be enjoyin them!

DyaNNa said...

wah u two like go honeymoon every time u meet...hee wonder where u'll go for ur honeymoon.....

Raihan said...

royal evil mew...I FEEL YA,baybeh....the vibration transcends boundaries and Arab deserts to reach me!Thank you....I needed that! :)

elista....i'm keeping ur word as contract.kalau tidak, i'll go to ur hotel in DUbai and HUNT YOU DOWN...heheh...provided I know when exactly u will be in Dubai laah...

ekyno.....yarlor....for you it's even better,kan?dah ada cetipacket (READ:certificate)...dah jadi hubster...dah halal...dah love till death do us part... :) so sweet...mmmuahhz!

kimita....it's more challenging for u,i see... 6 months only? I dunno how u can handle it..I'd go BONKERS!tapi takpe....love comes with many challenges...that way,one would more appreciate the presence of love. :)

AZ...good luck with it all.I called SK when I reached KL..she remembers u and she knew u are getting engaged.News travels fast.And Azim in pink..he was trying to indirectly prove my theory to the world that men who wear pink are confident of their masculinity and sexuality.But he must SEBOK pakai pink when I pakai pink....no fault of mine ...heheh..

MsDynamite...it's no happy ending...happy beginning more like it.. :) and trust me, before Azim came into my life..i wondered when my endings or beginnings would actually be happy. it's a matter of finding that person and having that gut feeling and then, working on it.Big time.

Princes...I tagged you in ur page....go see lah..

Trina...mestilah kuasa...mestilah ada energy...I just started flying and everything is an enjoyable and exhilirating novelty to me!give me a few more years and my blog will be full of gripes. i know it's so different for u, it's like nearly a decade of "cabin crew, arm/disarm doors for arrival/departure!"...so i know it's a little jaded for u. stay positive,darling...be honest to yourself...would u really live life differently and work a different job if u could turn back time?

DyaNNa...YES..I'll be honest..IT IS LIKE a honeymoon everytime...and for OUR REAL honeymoon, we're going to somewhere Emirates doesn't fly to...like Barbados or Hawaii or even maybe....Khazakstan?!Heh.

Phew..that was quite draining...it's like talking to many different babes at one go.....which I miss doing with my galpals back in SIngapore....*sobs*

Mamafai said...

I know how you feel about Azim...I felt the same way too with my dh..sometimes I feel I do take him for granted but I cannot imagine myself living without him...btw..I've linked u up!

TwinkZ said...

gosh *blown away*

hopped on 2 ur blog & cant seem to stop readin..

ur sOo wunderfully eloquent Ms Raihan & ur entry bout Azim was juz sOo incredibly sweet!

I noe exactly how u feel...
ere's a fab wedding nxt yr..*cheerios*