Boom.Bang.Kablam. Just like that. I know my life's gonna change. Got a call few days ago from Emirates in Dubai. They'd like me to fly off on the 31st of December..(they gave me a few dates this month and next month and I chose the date most associated with BIG FAT CHANGES...). So yeah...I'm going to be based in Dubai for the next three years. My mom's so happy...she wants me to cultivate myself in a country far, far away from here. Always tried to relocate myself but there's always some lame corporate reason given. Ritz-Carlton rejected my application to be based in the Ritz-Carlton Boston, to be part of their opening team. Reason: Singapore's RC Millenia is in dire need of staff already, they can't afford to send people away. Oh yeah right. Fullerton does not offer such options even. "Oh,we are an independent hotel. We don't have liasons overseas other than Hongkong." Oooohh....that'll be just dandy! Out of Ching-apore to Chong-kong? Bring on the mata sepets and the pork floss and the deng-deng babi! Ugh...God forbid. I'm all for racial harmony but hold up the overflow. Pig trotters, civet cats and tiger's penises would not agree with my delicate rendang, opor ayam and pasta tongue. So I've tendered from Fullerton, selected my luggage and selecting stuff to bring.....keep having to remind myself I'm NOT packing for a trip, I'm packing to MOVE. Have to remind Azim also.....oh..yeah...forgot to mention that the silver lining around my fluffy white cloud is that AZIM GOT SELeCTED TOO!! Yeap.....both of us are packing off to Dubai on the 31st! Nonetheless, he is somewhat infuriating me because he keeps telling me he wants to do minimal packing! If he had his way he'd probably pack NOTHING and go there skimping to reach there shopping. Really....so now I'm trying to convince him they don't have his boxers' size available in Dubai, though I know he knows better. Heheh....the only damper on things is that everyone in Fullerton is happy about me leaving for a better place except for my own team...my own deparment....people I shed blood for. My heroes from Concierge, Gavin and Gregory (absolutely yummy guys) congratulated me first thing after they heard my news. Gavin, who used to fly for UA for years, gave me tonnes of advice and encouragement. He told me that Emirates is a better option than SIA (I also got an offer of employment from SIA ) because of better pay, less stuck up people and thus less politics. Also the crew for Emirates is international thus a more thorough experience of actually being international. My fav aunties from houskeeping, my babes from Straits Exec Club, my men from Bell Desk.....all of them gave me sincere and gracious farewells but my team gave me dagger looks and snide comments. Hello?? All of you would jump at the chance too if you got such an opportunity so please dun hold a gun to my head...you might not have shot yet but the barrel hurts coz it's cold. Honestly, to put it simply, I don't give two flying f***s. Why? COZ I'M GOING TO DUBAI! Stay tuned.

No comments: